Monday, December 19, 2005

Farewells are tough

Reading Just's blog, I realised that Billy has left. People say he has and I called to say goodbye but it's just not easy to wave your arm to someone you care for, bidding them farewell.

Been saying a lot of goodbyes due to the camp 2 weeks ago. Billy has left for China, for good. He's from China and was one of my college mates. A very respected person, Billy cares for people around him and will do anything he can in his power, to ensure the safety of us. He drinks like a bull, adores having girls swarm around him, talks about pet ghosts, this ghosts and that ghosts and makes people around him happy. Yu Yao, another senior from China will be leaving soon as well.

This year has been a year of goodbyes - be it for good good (deaths) or for good (not a holiday) or goodbyes that are meant to happen (the camp ones).

I've not been crying much about all these goodbyes even though I secretly want to. I guess I'm happy life's still okay and I'm still happy and that nothing too bad is happening now. I love this pace of life.. peaceful and calm, no traumatic experiences nor stalking mother or boyfriend of friends'. I should be thankful for life and all I have instead of weeping over things I have no control of.

Life is good, it's beautiful and it's like a piece of art. And I'm the artist.

5 comments:

justine said...

mahai i never got to say goodbye. sharon said he didn't want anyone to send him off.

Bu se de..

:(

Vicky said...

Well, I called his handphone just before he boarded.

If I were him I won't even say when I'm leaving lar. :P

justine said...

I also called him. Like way before he was supposed to board. :/

justine said...

hey vicky.. unrelated but your sharon was in town.

http://www.xanga.com/kinkybluefairy/414355134/item.html

The Internet's scary.

Vicky said...

There are certain moments like these that I feel uncomfortably left out. Darn.