Tuesday, December 27, 2005

December 24th - Christmas Eve

It has certainly been a season of food, food and more food. I recall cooking cheese pasta for lunch.

Went for Christmas Eve mass at St. Francis Xavier Church in PJ at 7. The traffic was horrible. Was really annoyed and feeling really un-Christian about the whole scenario. God was at my side, thankfully and I got a parking real quick and ran to church in time for Opening Hymn. It was raining and the crowd packed the church and all extensions built for masses during Christmas. It was wet everywhere and the people outside just didn't sing or respond to anything. However, I felt really happy to be there. Christmas is not Christmas without going for mass, well at least for me this principle rules. Felt more Christmas than I did for days. A truly great feeling indeed.

Went to Rick's kai- ma's and ate lamb. Rick said that lamb reminded her of 'Lamb of God'. Gee. I can't explain the whole 'Lamb of God' thing to her. Too deep even for me. Faith's the most important part, I guess. Also stuffed myself insane with lasagna and cake.

Headed to Oi Mun's after that. Steamboat. Barbecue. Felt slightly ew-ish.. Too much food. Hmm.. Ate a teeny bit but when Ai Vee's cheesecakes were brought out I unleashed the glutton in me. Regret, regret.

Gift exchange wasn't as great as I hoped things would go.. but it was OK. And then there was cleaning up and it was over!

And Christmas day arrived.

No comments: