Tuesday, December 27, 2005

December 22nd - Tang Yuen Day

I sat around at home for the whole day, well.. almost. Caryn came over and I cooked some stuff. Since she's on a major diet, I ate spaghetti and she ate instant mee. :)

Went to school to in the evening. Went for classes. Was great, took pictures.

Long ago in Kuching, we used to celebrate today - eating round colorful balls and lots of other food. All I recall about the festival today is that they do it every year in December and you eat the balls to grow a year older. I wonder why I'm still into the colorful ball eating routine since I hate growing old. After grandma fell sick and passed on, we stopped all these celebration since our family's Catholic and only dad's side's erm.. whatever they are, practising Chinese??

Went to Rick's. Ate some chicken, yum. And more balls. Double yum. Also drank some yummy soup and had a yumcha session with Zhen.

Tang Yuen's day no longer like the past. But what I do know is that.. I still love tang yuen. :)

No comments: