Friday, March 24, 2006

Thailand YCS National Camp

March 19, 06

Woke up very early and took a cab to Assumption College Thonburi's chapel for a mass, in Thai. I have never felt more impatient or unholy as I sat in church fidgeting through the priest's sermon that lasted a very long time. I guess it's the fact that I couldn't understand. Or perhaps it was his voice that made me want to fall asleep. After a horribly long 2 hours, the mass and everything else ended.

Went to the catechism room to help with some camp stuff. Ate lunch there and later went to Big C. Big C is Thailand's Giant. It's their local hypermarket. Bought some stuff, watched the others play bowling and finally went to the venue for the camp.

Napped and was awaken to eat dinner. Walked in the dark to a pretty far off stall by 7 Eleven. Did more work to help them get the camp ready and finally popped past midnight.


March 20, 06

Waking up at an inhuman hour to do so, I got ready to take pictures of vans and vans of students and animators arriving for the camp. I don't even know what happened, I just know the day went on and on and on and we had mass at a floating chapel. I was also asked to give a national report on YCS. Aduh. Like I'm capable of giving correct info!!! :P

Not too much happened, I slept very late though. :( I'm so tired...

March 21, 06

Had to wake up darn early again and they actually had morning exercise as part of the schedule. Had mass early and ate breakfast with some animators from the northern parts. Very nice people.

Went to Carrefour for lunch and then Thonburi Market for exposure trip. The ride there in a big tuk2 was pretty exciting. Had to stand up as there weren't any seats available and swayed around as the tuk2 drove around the turns. Took lots of pictures of flowers at the market!!! So nice. Blasting time. And I saw many little pets as well. :) Happy, happy. Bro. Siam came in his car and saved me from using public transport back. Had coconut water on the way back.

Rosary procession was okay but was pretty frustrated for awhile after that. About what, I'm not sure. Maybe it's the fact that 'too many photographers spoil the mood'. I don't really feel up to taking pictures le.

Due to mild depression and home sickness, I popped at 9.30. :) Bliss.

March 22, 06

I'm sure a lot happened but I'm also sure I couldn't understand any of the sessions. :P The nicest part of the day was in the evening when we had Taize. I really envy others who can pray for what they want. I guess it's because I can't. I know that my life and what happens next for me is entirely up to God's decision. I can't interfere with His plans but I'm also scared. Next year will be another turning point for me. The fear is there but I'm also pretty sure that He will not forsake me.

Game time was good. So was the liturgy of light and the 'blessing' session after. :) Was a touching one.

I slept pretty early. Before a lot of people, that is.

March 23, 06

The first half of the day swept by pretty fast. I wore my Baju Kurung as a sign of solidarity of Malaysia's YCS with Thailand's YCS - my presence as a Malaysian for their camp. The bishop who was supposed to say mass forgot to show up and so we had a very brief liturgy of the word and certificate presentation. The goodbye thing we had before that was pretty sad.

After awhile, the camp ended. Saying goodbyes to some was pretty tough but to some others it sort of felt like nothing. The worst things about this camp were the disgustingly flooded toilets and the heat. Ew.

Went to Fr. Chalerm's office to unload things and later proceeded to A.U in Bang Na. Took pictures with Tae while Bro. Siam snoozed in his car with my bear as his pillow.

Had seafood at Bang Saen after that. The seafood in Thailand is just amazing. Almost sobbed as I ate oysters, some crab, some fish, raw prawns and squids. Gosh... the taste, and the aroma. The spice!!! To top the meal up, I had a blasting huge glass of ice-cream. :) YUM.

Sent Tae home. Struggled to keep awake before reaching Assumption College Sriracha. Finally reached. Had to wash some clothes for tomorrow... Ergh.

Finally I slept. So, extremely, tired.

No comments: