Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Last Days in Bangkok.

March 26, 06

Un got herself in a heated argument with her family. I know how she feels but I'm in no position to interfere so I just sat around feeling really uncomfy. Her dad finally sent us to church and we were a bit late.. :P

Finally I attended an English mass. It was pretty international as there were many people of different nationalities. Very comfy. The church is really beautiful and as flowers are cheap in Bangkok, the church was properly decorated with roses and other flowers. :) Beautiful. The 14 Stations of the Cross is somewhat like a carving on the wall.

Un's dad sent us to meet Bee at Thong Lo for lunch. We were supposed to meet at Emporium but the mob was to be held there later during the day so there were many securities.

Bee treated us for lunch at Zen. It was a very yummy meal of sashimi and sushi! Yumm.. Un went home to rest so Bee took me to Pratunam Centre. Pratunam is an area in Bangkok famous for clothes, bags and its kind. Thais will only shop at places like that for real shopping. Enjoyed buying a bit and later was sent back to Un's.

Called some friends to jiwang a bit with them saying my goodbyes and had a nap.

Un fought with her parents again. It might be growing up. It might also be hormones... * sigh Am so glad I'm pretty much past that stage.

Went to Bai Yoke I for dinner. Bai Yoke I was the tallest building in Bangkok 10 years ago. Had a buffet meal at Sky Lounge on the 43rd floor. It was awesome. The atmosphere was a bit tensed for awhile at first but everything was okay when Brother Siam graced us with his presence. :P

Got a bit of stuff from the pasar malam surrounding the building.

Brother Siam gave me 2 sets of 5 cds each complete with pictures of both camps and my trip from Day 1 - 16. He also gave me some songs we listened to in his car and from camp. The sweetest thing was that he printed some designs of the CDs for me.. it took effort. Was really touched and wanted to bawl but was controlled a bit.

It was fun, the dinner. I learnt from Bro. Siam that when observing the young ones, it's best to just Sit-See&Smile. I guess that's what animators in YCS should do.

Bro. Siam sent Un home and took a road out of Bangkok only to come back in to send Homme to the bus terminal. The situation was a bit tensed then but we got home fine, me and Ple.

Unpacked and packed things, getting ready for the next day. It was a huge ordeal. Chatted with Ple till I fell asleep.


March 27, 06

Woke up darn early to get ready to leave. Ple sent me to ACT and I met Mac and Shampoo there. Also met their photographer dad.

Left with Bro. Siam to Fr. Chalerm's office after that. Long drive, bad jam. Met Robert there after drinking iced coffee for the last time in Thailand for now.

Lunch was at Fuji Jap Restaurant somewhere in some Tesco Lotus. It was pretty quick but yummy. Had this sushi covered with Avocado fruit.

The drive to the airport was long and the jam was bad and I almost had a heart attack as I was so afraid I would be late. But I wasn't.

So I said goodbye to Bro. Siam and Robert. And walked into the boarding area alone. My flight was supposed to take off from Gate 21 but they changed us to Gate 72 which is in some forlorn area in the airport somewhere very far off. AND they delayed us by 2 good hours. Oh gosh. The only good thing about waiting at the airport is that I managed to find another Pepsi can with cool designs. I so wanted to kill someone but patience is my new technique to chill now. So I didn't.

We finally got into the plane and we finally took off and I was finally on the way back.

And then we landed at stupid LCCT which is a terminal of no system and weird people. I guess Dr. Jolly's right. When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Monkeys work at LCCT. Gee. No one really speaks and they seem to try to make things really hard for everyone. Gosh, I really think that when you pay cheap air tickets, the people servicing you are so cheap they might not be educated at all.

The immigration officer stopped me and wanted to check my stuff so I let him. Nice thing was that I had lots of dirty clothes on top. Haha.

-------------------

And so I'm back. Seeing Sunshine and Just was really great. I made a tornado mess of my little place but it's all good, I LOVE THE SHOPPING I GOT !!!

Yipee. New clothes, new a lot of things!

No comments: