Friday, March 24, 2006

The little details of the days in Bangkok

I'm getting really lazy to update my blog with news as it's been a week since I last blogged! But here goes what I remember and feel should be told.. :P


March 17, 06

I woke up late feeling crummy and unwell. Was not able to sleep too well as Un's room was pretty hot and the shirt I was wearing just wasn't comfy for sleeping (or for anything le.. ). Was also having nightmares about going to the Grand Palace and denied entry. The dream repeated itself in multiple forms multiple times. * sigh

When I woke up Mac was already in the sitting room and everyone seemed to be waiting for me. Oh no. So I got ready and the next thing I knew we were boarding some 'gawd forsaken' bus that drove on and on, turning around and around. After a horribly long journey, we reached.

My heart beeped like an alarm but I walked confidently past the Thai citizen's gate into the grounds of the Temple of the Reclining Buddha and the Grand Palace. I just sipped on some water as I walked inside and no one questioned me as I looked Thai. So I got in free to these 2 places. :) Felt pretty good!!! And from what I know, the charges for foreigners aren't that cheap.
I'm so tired to find a proper adjective to describe the beauty of the places I visited that day. The Temple of the Reclining Buddha and its surrounding was just so beautiful and unique and special I guess English words can't describe its Siamese beauty. The Grand Palace was like all other palaces in this world but they added an extreme dosage of Siamese taste into it and used everything Thai as well. :) The temple of the Emerald Buddha is one of the most famous and most elegant temple in the whole of Thailand. The statue of the Emerald Buddha isn't too big but it's really green! :) And the other temples surrounding that particular temple make you feel poor as they glimmer in gold and all other beautiful chips. My shutter went crazy snapping as I took pictures of almost the entire metre of the area. :)

We had lunch at somewhere nearby, a pier of some sort. And later walked a bit here and there and finally took a ferry crossing to the Temple of Bells. :) I rang all the bells there and fed some fishes and birds. Took the ferry crossing again and then another taxi to... the FLOWER MARKET! Oh man.. the flowers in Bangkok are really f cheap. For a dozen or so roses it only costs 2 - 3 bucks. Gee. And almost every other flower was cheap. Seriously cheap. And beautiful. And so I went crazy again with my camera and we walked some more to many other temples, resting at Old Siam for Swensen's and finally to a giant swing. I don't really understand what the swing's for but it's a big huge red swing in the middle of nowhere. :)

Like what Mac said, Un seemed really hungry that day and so after walking a little distance we stopped at Mont (some shop since 1964) for fresh milk that they're famous for. And we walked to the Democracy Monument and some more and a little bit more and more and more and finally after a long walk found the shop Un wanted to buy mango and some special rice. (Oh no man.. I ate that in Summit's Thai Fair and I thought the whole Thailand was selling it not some little hole in the whole city!!!) But we finally got into the taxi and went back to Un's house.

After getting my bag I walked to the Lumphini MRT station and took a 8-stops ride to Sutthisan. Got off the MRT and confidently walked to Ruki's house. Alas I met Thai dogs after the sun set so they were a bit mean to me but was not snapped or anything. :) Lucky. Was also lucky enough to get a Thai girl to walk me to the door, protecting me from all the evil beings.

And so I followed Ruki's instruction and got into his apartment, settled in, took a shower, ate some snacks and watched Shawshank Redemption till he called and picked me up in a taxi with Rashid for dinner at Zap Station. Met up with Bee and Numhom. Had pretty good food and was full. Went back to his apartment.. chilled a bit and continued watching the movie. Popped quite late.

Best thing was that Sunshine called! Yipee!!!! :) Surprise, surprise!


March 18, 06

Woke up at Ruki's, got ready and left for MRT station. Was terrified of dog but they didn't run after me this time. Got onto a motorcycle and arrived in 1 piece at Sutthisan MRT station, proceeded to Sukhumvit on the MRT and switched to BTS to Siam and that was when I encountered a pervert who was either rubbing or shoving his parcel at my back. EW. I was so pissed by the train was so packed so what I did to retaliate was to shift around abruptly and knock him off guard. Gee, I so wanted to yell at him or box him or kick him or kill him!!! Stupid hamsup angmo guy! EW!

Other than that nothing too eventful happened and I chilled at Dunkin while waiting for the rest to arrive. Un came with her bro and later Mac. Un's bro left so the 3 of us walked to MBK (shopping complex) for lunch at Kanom Chine Bangkok. Had Thai Somen Noodle with Southern Style Chicken Curry. Very yummy. Ple joined us and we walked around.

Finally settled for a movie, 'My Boyfriend is Type B' at Siam Discovery Centre. The Thais stand in respect as the song for the King is played before the movie. Very semangat country. The Thais love their King.. but of course they do, he is very much to love. I love the reclining seats. Very nice. And the movie was very, very funny but the ending was too abrupt for me.

Went back to MBK after that and sang 1 song at the Karaoke. Joined Mac's sis, Shampoo, a fellow YCS member, Pong, and 2 of their friends. The Karaoke there looks more hi-tech than the ones in Malaysia. They have a computer monitor and mouse to control everything. Interesting.

Ex (outside school YCS) joined us and I went to look at some Pepsi collection at the lower ground floors. Marx and Raffy joined us and Ple came back from sending Un home. The younger ones left. Ate at MK Restaurant. It's steamboat but everything's pretty hi-tech and they take orders from PDAs. Was yummy. :) And I enjoyed.

After a fun day, it was time to say goodbye. Ple and I boarded the bus and chatted until I fell asleep. Half conscious I woke up to walk to take a motorcycle and finally reached Ple's condo. Packed and unpacked and finally popped but as Ple was working, it was not too comfortable a sleep.



My stay's still fun. :) Seeing lots of things I never knew existed. Tasting all sorts of yummy food and of course, going broke.. :P

No comments: