Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas note for my family - Dec 23, 08

Dearest beloved family members of mine...

As the year comes to and end, as Christmas draws very much nearer than the week before, my thoughts are filled with how blessed I am to be who I am, and to have what I have, and to be loved by people around me and those faraway too. I am truly blessed to have all of you as my family members. Now, more than ever before, I thank God and thank all of you for all that we've gone through together and for accepting and loving me as I am ^^ I know I have done much crappy things, and my decisions and actions are usually a bit different from your expectations. I would also like to apologize for all my mistakes or harsh exchange of words, not just those of this year, but of previous years before as well.

And now.. for recent updates!!

Last week's Christmas parade was awesome! Our contingent represented 21 countries of residents of our International Center. We carried flags and some wore national costumes as well. I was clad in my 10 year old (or more) baju kurung. As the VP of UPICA, I had to yell and yell to coordinate the monkeys from different countries. It wasn't easy but it was quite fun. Our lantern was gorgeous, as the sky drew darker and as they lit the lantern. I felt so proud to be part of IC, more than before. To be in IC is truly a blessing from God. We paraded around the academic oval with other contingents and passed by 2 main stops, Palma Hall (the biggest class building of UPD) where a massive crowd awaited us and took lots and lots of pics!!! It was awesome. We felt so much like celebrities as we stood in front of the crowd, waving our flags!!! The 2nd stop was Quezon Hall where our lantern was judged and we, the international students of IC were formally introduced
to UPD and to the rest of the Philippines (through national TV!!!). We just waved our flags and our hands as people cheered for us. It was awesome! Seriously ^^ I was so, so happy.

That evening I went for dinner and drinks with some friend. It was nice to drink beer in a baju kurung. Never did THAT before. As you all know, my drinking capability is weak.. so my control is usually a bottle of a light beer, no worries bout that! ^^

The next day, I hung out with a group of Filipino dorm mates as well. It is important for me to know as many dormers as possible, and it was good getting to know new people! The following day, I went to take pictures of lights at the Quezon City circle.. Gorgeous lights..

I cooked for my friends on Saturday for lunch. One of the old residents, Chantal, from Netherlands, was visiting. She cooked a vegetarian dinner for us that evening.

I came over to the IMCS office on Sunday and have been here, and back at the IYCS/ IMCS home last night for a Christmas gathering. Being far away from home, Adrian (the Malaysian IMCS coordinator) made us sing carols and oldies to 'soothe our homesick hearts'.

I'll be off to the highlands tomorrow. Leaving early morning at 5 am.. It's a IMCS office trip. I'm sure it'll be fun.

I miss all of you much, a bit more as Christmas draws nearer. But I know I'm missed too.

Have a blessed celebration, my loved ones. And do take care. Hugssssssss. Biggg hugs.

Ko, Che, keep warm. I know it's cold there now. I'll keep warm here too!

And for the bunch in KL, enjoy the fun!!! ^^

Honey.. dressed in long pants, and a jacket, ready to have a frozen butt in Baguio!!!

No comments: