Friday, October 14, 2005

Kluang Break

I wrote a whole post about this but couldn't get online so I saved it in one of the coms in coll and of course the document got deleted. So anyway, here goes, once more.


One of the main reasons of these annual trips is to meet up with my foster mom (who's also Cindy's mom and Cindy Chan's my friend from Kluang) and Aunty Jean (Adrian's mom - Adrian Liew's another friend from Kluang). It wasn't my first few times there, of course. Been there five times before. Was great meeting them and other Kluangies. Was also good to move around familiar places, thinking back of all those great trips before this.

Kluang break was a great dining experience. Ate so much for 3 days I doubt any of my nice clothes can ever fit again. * sigh. Yummy food and drinks included: Foster Mom's Special Herb Chicken, Curry Laksa @ Shwu Chyn's shop, Tang Yuen @ stalls near Sg. Mengkibol, Otak2 @ Little White House that isn't little anymore coz they moved, Fruit Juice on a date with LaoKung @ Thai Village - nice place on top of shop houses!!!, Bak Kut Teh @ Teoh Heng, Western Food @ Barney's (quality dropped though..), Beef Noodles @ some shop too far away for me to know where, Ice Kacang @ Flat Lou, Roti Bomb & Susu @ Little White House, Roti Bakar & Stim & Nasi Lemak @ Kluang Station, Pearl Milk Green Tea @ Witchery Ider and Mien Fen Kao @ the bus station stalls. YUM. Best of the best would be the mangoes I ate at Cindy's house. Uncle gave me an extra portion as I seldom eat them. :)

Other great events would be hanging out and yaking till early morning.. buying and stocking up silver earrings and climbing Gunung Lambak. Was actually forced by Cindy to do so. She felt her conscience wouldn't be at ease if she did not bring me to actually climb Gunung Lambak this trip round. I did (only a quarter way up- hehe), regretting once more about my chimneying and laziness to exercise. Darn.

Highlight of the trip would of course be taking pictures of flowers. Wildflowers. They're just so beautiful!!! :)

Adrian studies in UTM, JB. Even though I did ask him to go back to Kluang for the weekends, I never expected him to. Was kinda down on Saturday when we called and he told us that he was 200 metres from Singapore's immigration border. Sweet, sweet guy decided to surprise Cindy and I by coming back in the evening! Despite his exhaustion (just finished some exams..), he accompanied us for yamcha and cracked jokes to humour us. Sweeter still, he opened car doors for both Cin and I until we felt uneasy. Such a sweet guy lar.

LaoKung was really nice. He accompanied me throughout the trip and carried my 1 tonne camera bag when I couldn't carry it anymore. Am so glad he went back while I was there!

The trip was super but Sunday came and it was time to head back to reality. So I did.. Will miss Kluang but next year will come real soon and I will make my next annual trip, so no tears. :)

Oh yeah, KKKL buses are good. Not too costly yet comfy all the way!

Was in Kluang, Johore from Oct 7 - 9, 2005.

1 comment:

justine said...

FUCK YOU ALL COMMENT SPAM!

NOW I'M NOT FIRST N00B ANYMORE..

Read your food list, you're a total pig!

*SNORT*