Sunday, October 02, 2005

Forest Research Institute of Malaysia Trip

Throughout my trip at F.R.I.M (Forest Research Institute of Malaysia) a few questions repeatedly popped up in my tired mind.

1. Why didn’t I sleep earlier?
A. I went for College Icon the night before.


2. Why am I so tired when I crawl up this horrible mountain and gawd forsaken mosquito and leech infested jungle?
A. I smoke like a chimney and I lack exercise since possessing a driving license and a car.


3. Why am I here anyway?
A. DUH. Over2Stops needs you around to liaise with the F.R.I.M people.


4. Ok, seriously, why am I here when there are jungles everywhere just like Kuching, my hometown?
A. I’m missing home? I feel deprived of mosquito bites, sweaty body and aching muscles? I like nature???

F.R.I.M was fun, in a way. I got to see the crowning trees or something like that and I also managed to climb all the way up without a heart attack (an almost heart attack does not count!!). I enjoyed walking across the canopy walk and I also enjoyed the view! It was awesome. The nicest part was that I managed to find a tree with flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!! And take pictures of it. Pictures I’m actually pretty proud of. It was great hanging out with friends in the nature. Trip could have been better with better pre event planning. Anyway, I was happy and I hope everyone was too!


F.R.I.M trip was made on September 24th. 2005.

No comments: