Friday, June 26, 2009

Quarantine.

Oh my goodness, oh why? I am not sick. I am as fit as a fiddle. Well, my back injury's internal and not air borne, so I am actually fit! Let me go for my classes, oh please..

I have been running around campus and beyond for 3 whole days, I even paid for my fees, attended 4 classes.. and finally when I attempted to attend my 5th class, my professor sent me home.

'You're a health hazard. You're a potential carrier of Influenza A (H1N1).' Gee. The only thing that links me with swine flu is that I am missing lechon and cooked pork does not transmit the disease if it's well done!

I am not sick!! I'm not! Let me attend my classes! My prof alerted my department chair, and she sent me home too. So I sneaked to the shopping center in UP and got online. After complaining and grumbling for an hour or less, I went back to my dorm and declared to my dorm manager 'M'm, my prof sent me home. I need to be quarantined for 10 days??!?!?!
Why wasn't I informed? I thought it was a horrible joke!! I feel so alienated!!' And my dorm manager laughed and told me that she forgot that she had to quarantine me.. and she started to wonder how to go about it since I have 2 roommates and it will be so unfair for Joy and Achang (new Japanese girl) if they had to be stuck in the room with me as well. Grounding me in a F wing 1st floor empty room that has no proper ventilation would send me to the sick zone even faster.. AND, if I got sick at the end of the quarantine period, they would quarantine me further! Oh, I feel so violated of my rights~

Yet, for harmony of IC and UP, I decided to leave for Avocado/ Las Pinas where quarantine is not enforced. I packed my things, took a nap while waiting for Joy to return, ate dinner with her, bid farewell to fellow concerned dorm mates, and.. left.

I'm back in Phily, yes I am. Yet what the heck am I doing away from where I'm supposed to be?
For WORLD PEACE perhaps, for the SAFETY and HEALTH WELL BEING of my fellow uni mates, I have to stay away, till Tuesday.

Imagine that, they forgot to quarantine me upon my arrival. I ran around and hugged at least 50 people and met a few hundreds, and nobody's sick! I'm not too!!! But.. I have to be quarantine, 3 days later. Nice.

Welcome back, Vicky, welcome HOME! Gah!!!

No comments: