Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Mr Kim

I have a crush. A crush on someone that I don't know. All I know is that I saw him in the jeep a few days before going back to KL to get the docs for my student visa. He was eavesdropping on a conversation I was having with Yuko, my Japanese-exchange student-classmate. When he smiled, he actually looked kinda cute. So I sneaked a peek at his name tag and found out that his name is Kim X X. X is for not identifying what the rest was. :P

I told my classmates and we giggled about it. The IC (International Center - international dorm) girls wanted to know who he was and help me find out whether he's staying there, or not. But gee. Kim is one of the most common surnames for Koreans! :P How many Kims must we stalk before we find the right one?

Harry knows about this too. And he told me that even though I know nothing of the guy now, in the future, I will know everything. He will be my husband. Hah. The thought of that was enough to send me roaring with laughter. Oh well, that's Harry talk. He's so confident that I'll marry a Korean he told me that that's his biggest wish for me. Man...

Here's a bit about UPD.
UP Diliman is huge. 400 over hectares crammed with thousands of people - students, professors, staffs, outsiders.. oh well, you get the picture. We are serviced by the Ikots and Tokis, jeepneys that chauffeur us around campus via set routes. I met Mr Kim on a Toki, by the way.

I flew back here yesterday. Tired out, I finally made plans with Shao Yi (a penyu doing her masters in my college) to eat at the one place where they serve Indian-tasting food. Though pricey, I visit that joint to replenish my taste buds with the craving for spicy stuff. And as I was rattling on on who-knows-what, Mr Kim walked in. Coincidence? Perhaps. After dinner, I met up with Joy for her to translate Harry's note. Joy stays at IC so I paid her a visit and who walks pass the lobby? Mr Kim. (So he stays there, yipee!) And after hanging out with Joy for an hour or so, we said our goodbyes and parted ways. And guess who I met again? Mr Kim. Gawd. Coincidence??? Joy says it's fate. Love. Hah.

I hopped on to an Ikot just now to get a t-shirt (that wasn't available, they misplaced my order!!) from the Uni. Film Institute. I hate to ride the jeeps and would only do so if I'm in a hurry between classes or if I'm rushing. Scheduled for a meeting half an hour later, I had no choice but to ride on the Ikot. Passing by a stop.. oh my goodness, Mr Kim got on! Again! Sheesh man, am I unknowingly stalking the guy or is he following me around? There are just so many people on campus, and so many Ikots and Tokis! Joy insists that there's something up between the two of us. I think Mr Kim was shocked to see me too. Again!

So I've decided to do the brave thing. The next time I see him (let's hope the situation would be pleasing - not one where I'm falling flat on my face, or drenched with sweat, or worse...), I will introduce myself and ask him for his name! I need to know the Xs behind the Kim! And I don't think it'll be awkward to do so, anyways. What's more awkward is if we keep on bumping into each other as strangers. Well he might think I'm stalking him then. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha....tu kia the stalker....hahaha dats so cute...man i miss those day where we stalked on ppl either 4 ourselves haha...or for others...man...VIC + KIM xx (haha) cool!!!!!!!

Vicky said...

just found out his name is kim young to. wat a funny name la. remember lo too?? or however u spell it la