Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birthday related updates.. :)

Truly blessed I am. I had lunch with Betsy at Chocolate Kiss. Ate some beef that went deliciously well with the served mashed potatoes. :) Betsy gave me a black forest cake from Seattle's Best. It was.. really good. A birthday cake! I thought I wouldn't have any this year. Proven wrong again. We talked. About a lot of things, her past, mine, her UP life, mine and views on certain issues in the Philippines. I guess hanging out with older people always lead to talks on issues - be they political, social or just erm.. issues? It was around then that CJ called and made my heart melt. I have such a sweet son. (Yay, 2 Malaysian calls already!!!)

I met up with Asami and Tomu (Japan exchange student classmates) at the International Center for Tuesday's presentation. Had to explain (more than I expected!!) economy situations in the Philippines during the American colonisation period to Tomu. His English is.. blur. :P Bon was there too, and Rika joined as well. Rhudiana (a Pinay from south) was there and we chatted and it was nice. :) Messages were rolling in, and my 'one day only fake boyfriend Christoph' messaged me and apologised for not spending the day with me as he wasn't on campus. :P Glo called, it was good to hear her voice, and Pin sent a really touching and inspiring message.

Finally getting Alvi (the Brunei guy) on the line, we confirmed our dinner plans and went to Treehouse for dinner. It was a nice dinner talking about our lives (as usual.. Alvi and I hangout to bitch about bad things in our lives and help each other throw out all the bad aura.. :P) Walking arm in arm along the dark corridor after dinner to get a jeep, Alvi sang me my birthday song. He's such a nice friend. My phone buzzed and I got a message from my prized pig baby brother. :) Jerome has forgotten my birthdays often enough (and got shit from me too, of course) to not forget this year. While we were in the jeep on the way back, Syl called from Aussie!!! Wow, an out of the continent call. :)

I didn't want the day to end. I really didn't. :P So I looked Joy up and we chatted till it was almost midnight before I headed home. While I was chatting with Joy, ertie messaged me. A very typical Chinese birthday message, I thought - with the words health and wealth. :) And the sweetest ever thing for this birthday, was to get a call I was hoping for. Boo called. I guess my day was complete then.

Till after midnight, many messages from classmates and other friends were rolling in. And before I closed my eyes to sleep, I thanked the good Lord for such wonderful people in my life and for being so blessed and to bless those who do not know their birthdays, and those who have lives so tough birthdays hold no meaning other than growing old and bearing more responsibilities. It was a good quiet moment with God.

I checked my Friendster and Facebook accounts and realised that there were even more wishes there. Too many to mention! :) Thank God for these internet networks. Kiwi gave Just the wrong number so both their messages didn't get through. Hah.

Joe and I had kimbab and salad (my birthday gift) on Tuesday evening. We were also planning for his birthday which is coming up. We talked about the situation he's facing on getting a weird girl he likes from the College of Fine Arts. :) I enjoy hanging out with Joe, I can crap so much and tell him serious things too. Hanging out with him reminds me of hanging out with Jerome and Meh.

The wishes continued until today. Hanna gave me 2 necklaces from Korea but her dad forgot to bring the kimchi which is my other birthday gift :) I also got a message from some of my classmates who think I turned 27. Imagine getting a 'Happy 27th Birthday' paper card thingy? I was like.. hmm.. is the age written wrongly or are they almost a year early?

I know (for a fact.. haha) that the birthday thing will only die down a week later so I'm happily receiving belated wishes and belated gifts! :P But the best thing about this birthday is that though I thought it would be the hardest, it turned out to be one of the most naturally unplanned super duper celebrations I had. It was perfect. There wasn't anything else I'd rather do or not do.

And of course because of that, I'm at peace with the world.. and smiling! :)

No comments: