Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Assignments and presentations on a Wednesday

A good end to a day of classes. Though it's just 4.20 in the afternoon, I feel that today has been eventful enough, and a long one, in that sense.

I woke up before 5, before the light shone through my windows. I went to sleep to keep myself away from the thought of hunger and food - as it was late, I didn't want to go out to buy food and it was hard to find food as well. The next thing I knew, it was past 4 in the morning and I still had 4 story concepts to come up with.

Oh well, so after a bit of rushing, printing and walking hurriedly to class, I had my first class of the day. Creative writing. To be honest, I dislike her, the one that teaches. She finds fault at the oddest moments and when she's late, she gets pissed, at us. * sigh. But today was fun. She told us stories and the whole class was pleasant.

And when we were let out, I ran to the Toki stand and took the next Toki (for once, I just squeezed in despite it being all packed up with students) and arrived slightly late for my next class. I'm always late as the later class is held in CSWCD but the first class in Palma Hall (a walk would take at least 15 minutes). But later than I were my group mates who were supposed to present with me. And so, I had to start presenting first (this is the group presentation that I was preparing for during unhappy rambles the day before) and while I was - late group mates arrived, can't stop talking during presentation of others and the whole thing was a mess. I know it was OK but OK isn't going to get us great grades. To think this is what my money is buying me out from? Lousy crappy group mates who can't do their parts of assignments properly AND do not want to include me in it thus having me look bad as part of the group of this? Ah, crap.

I had lunch at Vinzon's Hall after submitting my passport over to OSA who's handling my 'it's-taking-forever' student visa process. The lunch line was long, the food was a bit crappy but it was cheaper than the other eating places in UP. Oh whatever.

After lunch, I had 2 hours of preparation for my Medea presentation. I had to compile notes for my group members but this group was nice. Jet, Abi and Roy (though he missed our group meeting). Jet and Abi have come up with a lot of information on Greek theater and Tragedy plays, even about Euripides who wrote Medea so I didn't mind doing the notes as my share. I had more info on Themes and Mythological Background - but since Roy wanted to do MB, I let him and settled for Themes. I stretched out with music blaring from my laptop in the middle of the Lagoon (a jungle like area in between the academic oval of UP, with lots of trees and grass) at some stone chairs and prepared the notes. I actually enjoyed the whole process very much and finished much earlier. :)

And presentation later that afternoon was fun. Jet and Abi went first and for once after a long, long time - I felt really happy to be in front presenting to the class on something I knew, something I was confident about and something I liked - the themes used for the Medea play. And my audience was entertained. :) Ah, I'm happy. Roy entertained us further providing info on Greek myth.

At least today went well. I can't have bad days everyday and thankfully, today was good.

I realised something though. I am not in exile but being far away from home does feel like exile. Exile from the people I love.

Oh well, I'm happy for now.


p.s I want to see Mr Kim. I saw him a few days ago and was extremely elated. I'm nuts.

2 comments:

SuMmeR_Ra|n said...

dearie... glad 2 read abt ur life in phils... i hope 2 cu in reality soon!!! geez... i missed hanging out with u though its always an annual thingy... LOL! knw what, i might upgrade my level of life again... erm... after 3 mths plus? hehe... sort of... anywayz, i'll let u knw k... God bless and be good thr! :P its nice knwing abt ur crushes though!! hehehehe!!! :D

Vicky said...

woi. wat kind of upgrade? also, if u want to visit me.. maybe during my semester break? i have my own place so u can stay with me la. :)