Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Heartbroken over a best friend...

Harry left for Hong Kong early this morning. He flew from Manila and I'm still in KL. Our farewell meeting was last Friday and I spoke to him on the phone early this morning around 1.

This feeling sucks. It's a really horrible jolt, as though someone's ripping out my heart. I don't know why I'm so impacted by the whole thing.. our friendship hasn't even been for a month. But I know, and he knows, that time isn't the factor of the depth of friendship that we share.

We have given each other enough advice to last us till our next meet, perhaps but the thought of going back to Manila and him not being there is just unbearable.

I thought it couldn't happen this way, but now I know I'm wrong. At the age where I have spent more than a quarter of a century in this world, I am still able to find a best friend who feels that I'm just as important, and whom I will always treasure in my heart. Best friends are harder to find as you grow older, aye.

Harry said that as long as things are OK in KL, it's OK. But in Manila, everything will be good from now on.

I need to trust him. Who else to trust if not your best friend?

And when Harry says that nothing is impossible, then nothing is. And when he says that everything will be okay, they will be! And when he says that I have to believe that.. I sure am going to believe that, and him.

It's just temporary, this goodbye. It won't be forever.. just for a long, long time.

No comments: