Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving out of Dik's place was in a way liberating as I now have my own room. However, there are times like now that I feel particularly low. Harry's busy today and so there's no one to eat dinner with. I don't want to bring food home and eat, coz the washing would be a bit of a hassle for me, for now. And eating alone outside just doesn't seem fun at all. There at times when I wish that I had friends to hang out with. Maybe later, just not now? Which brings me back to the topic of Harry leaving, again. I don't know when Harry became so important, but he just did. I know that our friendship would soon face much difference with the existence of distance, but Harry's confident that the value of friendship is determined not by the amount of time spent, but by the depth of it.

I shouldn't hold on so tightly to a certain person, I know. It's just that Harry has been there through much change in my life lately. And having him around has been lots of fun. There's always so much to talk about, to laugh about. He's not just another friend.. he's a new best friend.

Anyway, I have met a number of new friends. And they're from different countries. More Koreans, some Japanese exchange students, an American Pinoy, another Bruneian.. and of course, many Pinoys and Pinays! I am sure that given the chance, we could be great friends too. But for now, I think I'll just spend the last few days with Harry while juggling my studies before going back to KL for a week plus to deal with my student visa. And after that maybe I'll give the new friends making more effort. Or perhaps I'd be so desperate to have people eating dinner with me that I'll be making more friends soon. :) Who knows what it is.. I am known to be a social butterfly, Ms Congeniality.. maybe things will be okay. But for this exact moment, I still need to look for a dinner date.

Lunches are okay eaten alone.. However I feel that dinners are like a social thing!!! Sigh...

Oh yeah, some of the jeepneys were giving free rides today. Some kind of sponsorship from Accenture. Tuesdays are the days when rides are free for some jeeps till the end of December. How cool is that? Oh well, but the free ones are usually full. :P

No comments: