Monday, February 20, 2006

Climax of the journey and the celebrations afterwards.

Feb 18, 2006

The convocation officially marked the end of my 2 1/2 years journey for my Diploma in Photography. I truly enjoyed myself and did not trip or do anything truly stupid during the entire afternoon!

Ertie, Wah and Sunshine came for my convo as my guests. Well, it's pretty obvious Dad, Mom, Jerome and Jane cannot make it le. Anyway, I knew I had to make the whole thing worth
my money collected during CNY's angpao so I tried to enjoy and I did. Ertie gave me money put nicely in a ring box in a nice paper bag with a bottle of perfume from Body Shop. Nice.. :) Sunshine gave me a bouquet of yellow roses with graduating SNOOPY! Got a pig from Fiona and a clip. Just, later in the evening, gave me a nice cheese cake that Jov never waited for me to cut. Hmm.. Typical piggish behaviour la - Note : Accepting a friend for who she is is very important.


The Ceremony

S'ze was the first to get her scroll. Just and I hooted and made hooligan noises, very unethical but very us. :) Hooted a few more times for close friends and yelled Just's name so loud the MC looked at me (and when she saw me, smiled. :P) Got onto the stage panicking over stupid things like tripping, not smiling at the right camera and forgetting to shake the YB's hand. They called my name (I don't even know if they pronounced the last word properly, whatever le..) and the crowd hooted and cheered. BANGGA. Walked forward. Shook hands, held the scroll, smiled. Okay, over and done with. No tripping over funny things, good.

Next was the Awards thingy. They mentioned some stuff bout me while I walked up the stage slowly (didn't want to trip over le..) and the crowd hooted and cheered again. :) HAPPY. Oh yeah, I did this vibrating half wave thing to the crowd every single time I got onto the stage. :) Hehe. Did the same procedure, smiled at cameras and took the plate and envelope from the principal (I think!). Nice plate. After the other person got her award, the person before and after me and I stood in the middle of the stage pretending to talk to the YB and the principal as people started taking pictures. Okay, erm.. nice???

And then it was time for the speech. Was a bit nervous. I probably gave my best shot for a speech, ever and it could have been my best speech but I doubt it was videotaped. It's okay, I kept the script! :) (Just will tell me I'm overly semangat for this) I really wanted to feel for this speech and I did. Thanked everyone as personally as I could and really meant every word I said. Am just a bit sad Dad, Mom, Jane and Jerome weren't there. Oh yeah, and Che too. Well, erm.. people seemed to think the speech was well said so I got nice claps and 3 strangers and some lecturers telling me it was a good speech after that with some nice praises. :) NICE FEELING.

Some press people asked for my Chinese name and took the pics of me and the 2 other award winners. And we were almost forgotten for the Group Pic.

The food was okay though Just and Sunshine think it was horrible. More pics and more pics and more, more, more and it was over.


The Thanksgiving Service

The priests all ran away (retreat le, actually) so we had a service at SFX. Especially went for thanksgiving and a weekend mass. Cried badly after Communion releasing all the fear about Daddy's situation. Overall service was OK.


The Dinner

Dinner was superly duperly yummilicous. Ertie and Wah paid for yummy crabs cooked with salted egg yolk, noodles with super big prawns, toufu and funny vege to celebrate my erm.. success??? It was very, very nice and very, very expensive for a meal. :) Enjoyed tremendously and will try to save up to treat them here again in the future!!


* Rain fell, Sunshine set for awhile. Gee.


The Yumcha Session

Just, Jov, Rick and I had the cheesecake Just gave to me for this Convo at Wing's in Bandar Puteri. Drank some nice drink with it and sent out TQ messages to lecturers.


Some nice messages

Glo, Meh and Nic sent me nice messages coz they couldn't be around. Peter, as he was sent to Penang for a Roadshow (WHAT???!?!??!?!) also sent a very, extremely, sweet message. He's the bestest lecturer in MSC now! Papa Kelvin, of course, sent a nice message and was present at the convo and stayed for my speech! And Fiona too… There were also other lecturers who sent pretty nice messages but we won't ‘visit’ that area this time round... :)


Chili's

And I was treated to a very delicious dinner at Chili's by Sunshine. Had juicy lamb and creamy nachos with super creamy broccoli cheese soup and juices! KISSES!!!!


What more could I ask for? (Well, I know I could ask for more but not this time..) This convo was better than ever! Am so, so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! and touched and grateful to God for everything.

p.s. And I thank everyone for making this event POSSIBLE and a HUGE CELEBRATION!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should do it more often..Its your fault now that im addicted to tomato juice.Nevertheless, its an enjoyable night that i will never ever forget.

Luv lotsa...Sunshine :)

Anonymous said...

Kisses, Sunshine! :)