Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Changes of life. :)

Gee. I love talking. I've noticed it before but I am very certain I do now. I've met up with Bea on 3 different occasions during this trip back. It's enjoying to talk about all the things that happened for the past 4 years that we've not met up. And.. now that she's engaged, her wedding was top on the list for our conversations.

Planning a wedding can be so much fun but executing all the plans can be crucially exhausting. It was fun chatting about colour schemes, budget, types of wedding photography and stuff of that sort. It's still a bit hard to believe that my close friends are tying the knot. It just seems like yesterday when we were giggling over some silly issues or running around in our school uniforms - breaking school rules and planning night outs. In two years time, I'm pretty sure most of my hometown friends would be either married, engaged or at least in a stable relationship.

I am also pretty sure that I would still be dreaming about chasing giraffes and elephants in South Africa, backpacking all over Europe and checking out ideas about road trips around US and Canada, or even Australia.

The ironic thing about my friends and I, close our friendships may be, is the uniqueness of our differences. We grew up together, got similar education in primary and secondary school, breathe the same air - yet our lives turn out to be so different. I'm happy for them, and at the same time I miss those good old days when we were still young and carefree.

Life. :) Everything changes.

No comments: