Monday, July 24, 2006

2 cycles old

If a cycle was 12 years, I would be 2 cycles old. I'm just thinking of creative ways to state my age without sounding too old for my liking. As a kindy teacher, people hardly buy the 'I'm just 18' white lie. So.. I'm 2 cycles old.

Kacuak gave me a smashing birthday celebration by throwing a bbq for me at his house. It was awesome. The food was great, great people were there.. and we had a .. GREAT time.. :) Well, too bad some barbaric fool (his housemate) had to throw his tantarums after not being invited. Gee, like I know him? Anyway, Caryn-Pin-ChengXin+YiShan gave me another surprise by handing me a homemade box with my pics and name and birthday wishes on it. Inside the box were 4 eggs with cute Jap display miniature toys inside. :) And I so wanted those when I saw them at Sg. Wang!!! :) Ertie and Ah Wah dropped by. Zhen, Sharon, Clare, Joevie and Fadhile were there too. Sunshine decided to give face for once as well! Kelvin gave me mooncakes. He was nice enough to come by after finishing a job in Penang. Mac, Natasha and Patrick dropped by at the end. It was a wonderful night. And I enjoyed myself tremendously.

The kids didn't kill me on my birthday though they were as usual very rowdy. Sean Lau celebrated his 6th birthday and had a Spiderman cake. I really didn't want to feel jealous but I did. Gee. I want a Snoopy cake man. The jelly sugary thing forming the cartoons are always yummy.

I picked the bunch up and headed to my place for lunch. Didn't cook, just packed stuff. That evening I met sunshine up for dinner at LaBodega. It was yummy, the HUGE burger but I was a bit scared of the huge-sized mushrooms.

We went to Asia Cafe after that and waited like crazy for S'ze, Arthur, Sharon, Clare and Justine to come. Just finally showed up almost near 12 midnight with the cake. The cake, with words that said 'Sorry the rest is gone' had the words tell the story. The cake was incomplete, interesting.. but incomplete. And extremely yummy.

The day ended horribly though as I got pissed, and cried my eyeballs out to Chengxin and Pin - don't ask why.. At least I didn't cry during my birthday la.

I love birthdays but I hate getting old. But this year's was pretty good. Weird, but pretty good.

No comments: