Friday, May 30, 2008

I miss you, I do.

Dearest Daddy

It's been 2 years. And it doesn't get easier though I've gotten a bit used to the idea that though you're no longer amidst us physically, your spirit still lives on.

Challenges do not seem to end and there are days when I wish that I could ask you for advice on what I should do. I really had to grow up since you left and there are days that I wish that you never left. But don't worry, dy. Everything's okay. No matter how bad things seem these days, the most I do is just to flip out for 5 minutes and then brush it off. I'm not all that emo anymore and I honestly hope it's a good thing.

Mom says that she's attending more and more wake prayers and funerals with Jane these days. I hope it's not getting too crowded up there. But looking on the bright side, I guess you have more friends to chat with now? :)

Daddy, I love you. I also know that if I do, I need to let you go. And I'm sorry to have held on for so long, and making things seem so hard.. but I am finally trying now.

Though today marks the day you left us, it is not a day to mourn. Instead, it should be a day to celebrate your life and to reflect on how wonderful you were as a father to us, a husband to mom, and a person to everyone who knew you. You were not afraid to love, to be passionate about life, to enjoy the little things that makes you happy and to give unconditionally to your family. You were a man of grace, full of charisma for life. You made people around you laugh and cry just by being you. And you truly lived.

Daddy, here's to you. To all that you made possible and to all that you mean to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

vic, i understand how u felt and feel right now...it's not easy especially u had more wonderful memories with ur dad...mine was short but not brief yet sweet...our dad must be having a wonderful time up there while looking down on us watching over us guiding us...they will be missed forever and will remain in us forever...=)