Monday, February 04, 2008

A mental note to make - Laos is GORGEOUS. Cheap, beautiful and wonderful. What took me so long to visit Laos.. I wonder. :P The answer's simple la, Airasia wasn't flying to Laos before this. :)

Heartfelt gratitude to Aunty Kathy who made this trip possible. Without her as my financier, this trip would have been impossible for now.

Vientiane is a laid back city, bustling in its own pace. Walk along the streets to savour the wonders of the capital.

Vang Vieng, a tourist's cow boy town. The wonderful hills and local activity paints this town so beautifully your day shines a bit brighter and smiling to everyone seems normal.

Luang Prabang. One of the UNESCO World Heritage sites. Preserved for its scenic nature and French colonial buildings, this town bustles with tourists especially during year end. Walking down small alley lanes, eating rice noodles and visiting ancient temples are usual visit routines of foreigners. A ride out of the town area brings one to gorgeous caves and waterfalls. What a wonderful place to chill and relax.

I love Laos. I will be back. I will bring more friends and next time round, I will swim in Nam Ngum Lake and Kuang Si Waterfall!!! I will even rent a car to take more pics.

This place is definitely in my list of places to spray my ashes after I cuckoo. :)

No comments: