Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vicky turns 27~

Wow. I'm 27 now. How time flies. I was just enjoying my teens awhile back but this is life. We move on, we age, we move on, we die.

I'm a year closer to my death bed but a year wiser, so they say.

I was with friends yesterday evening and also during the countdown. All went as perfect as I could have expected it to, despite some warring dormitory political issues. My birthday celebration that was supposed to be a social gathering for friends turned out to be a somewhat political suicide, as some viewed it. I didn't know I carried such strong political aura.

Whatever it is. As I turn 27, the walls of my dorm are clad with the dorm council's upcoming election materials. I so hate all these useless papers and stuff but I should not complain. This is politics. Oh why on my birthday? Such eyesores.

I'm happy. What more can I wish for? I'm studying something I enjoy and am passionate about, I have wonderful people around me and around the world.. My friends and family love me and support me. I'm kinda healthy, well at least I'm still alive. And.. I'm not exactly eating off the streets, so I am fine.

I just hope that I can achieve whatever I want to achieve in this lifetime and not the next. I just hope and pray that the world will indeed be a better place because I'm in it... and not the other way round.

Happy Birthday, Vicky. It's alright to be who you are as long as you know it's alright~

No comments: